Thursday, October 11, 2007

Where were you?

I say to all of her friends who still get to be her friend and a part of her life..."where were you?"

Where were they when the ENTIRE day was spent crafting an 8-page statement to the EEOC while dealing with the emotional ramifications that went along with it for her. Where the fuck were they?!

Where were they when she was so down about everything and had a 45-year birthday coming? I stayed up and planned and had this wonderful surprise for her to lift her spirits and celebrate the woman I was spending the rest of my life with and where the FUCK were they?

What was it all for? I get the shaft...for what?! For standing by and supporting and trying to be there for her? For leaving her alone when she wanted it? For letting her vent when she needed it? For not having any resentment about what she was saying because she was going through some crazy shit? And where the fuck were they?!

Damn! Talk about getting the short end of the stick. I did what I thought was right and get nothing for it. The life I had is over. The family I thought I had is gone. Why? Where did I go wrong?

I guess I should have done what her friends did...worry about my own shit. Worked for them.

1 comment:

Green Shadow said...

OMG, it's like reading my own journal. I'm now in Seattle. Tell's ya' something, huh?